PARTNERS: JEAN-OLIVIER D’ORIA - FRANÇOIS GRENIERWith over 20 years’ experience, the practice group is conducted by Jean-Olivier d'ORIA and François GRENIER, the former focusing primarily on private and commercial projects and the latter on public law aspects and projects. The practice also calls upon the specific experience of Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE in international projects.
The practice comprises two associate attorneys, Romain ARNAUD and Arthus NOËL, the first with experience in lease transactions, the second concentrating on domestic real estate and construction litigation. Benedicte GUSTIN, a paralegal with 20 years’ experience, provides back office support.
The practice group has a proven track record in the following operations:
• Construction warranties and insurance litigation: Decennial and other
liability or warranty litigation for all participants to construction projects
and for insurers, assistance in the context of court-ordered expert evaluations
both for private and public projects;
• International construction: Commercial and contentious management of the construction of industrial facilities as well as of commercial or hospitality projects;
• Commercial leases: drafting and advisory assistance; rent fixing, eviction and expulsion litigation; enforcement and debt collection; repossession of premises in the context of insolvency, specific issues of shopping malls;
• Commercial property investments and divestments: structuring and financing, tax issues;
• Hospitality: commercial and contentious management of leisure resorts; acquisition of hotel businesses and properties.
• Complex property management: drafting and updating of organizing documents of resident associations (ASL), of unregulated urban property associations (AFUL) and of co-ownership agreements and regulations, negotiation and drafting of agreements with utilities and common suppliers (telecom, energy and such);
• Co-ownership: drafting and updating of co-ownership agreements and regulations; co-ownership litigation (law of July 10th 1965 and its implementing decree); appointment of ad hoc administrators and/or judicial trustees; assistance of co-ownership unions in the usual and exceptional management of their buildings; mergers and de-mergers of owner’s unions and syndicates; negotiation and drafting of agreements with utilities and common suppliers (telecom, energy and such);
• Residential leases: drafting and advisory assistance; rent adjustment and expulsion litigation; enforcement and collection of rents, credit investigations;
• Urban planning: planning permission litigation;
• Regulatory: legal assistance in connection with, in particular, safety regulations for consultations in connection with establishments servicing public (ERP) or high-rise buildings (IGH), or with accessibility regulations (universal access);
• Real estate transactions: real estate search mandates and transactions.